a gamer/programmer wannabe

Friday, December 15, 2006

A fine day!

My schedule for today was packed. In the morning, I’m supposedly having a badminton game with Sebastian and the others. After lunch, I had a Java workshop to try and complete my CE points. Later at night, I’m going out cycling with a friend of mine around my neighborhood park; just to take a breather of fresh air.

In these events, 2 out 3 of it had to be cancelled. I had a miscommunication with Xueli about the timing for badminton. The time was pushed to 1pm instead of 11am. I couldn’t make it due to the workshop that I had to attend. The organizer, Sebastian pulled out of the game because he had other plans. He did that without telling me earlier. Sebastian! Luckily I didn’t go out of the house in the early morning. If not, I’ll be rotting for the time to pass me by.

After a quick grab of lunch, I went for the Java workshop. It was quite ok due to the fact that I had Sky by my side to help me. The IG helpers were there, but some of them don’t even know how to troubleshoot. It was also quite boring where you sit there and stare at codings and them telling you to “copy and paste”. It pissed me off. Then why you called this event a “workshop” I thought I’m supposed to learn something; but through “copy and paste” method? Well, maybe that’s how things work there. I guess I’m wrong to put them down. Bad Aidi.

In between lesson, I received a message from Glenn. I misread the message and I thought it was a joke. I thought he told me this; “I’m now in hospital” It made me think; so what? I read again and it read, “I’m hospitalized, Tan Tock Seng Hospital” I was taken aback a little. He had some injury to his brain. Oh my, it must be serious.

My night outing had to be cancelled as George and I decided to give Glenn a visit. Hey I shall tell you this, patients like him are bored, and we were there to make him feel happy. We took the MRT to Novena and headed to the hospital. We went inside the ward and before we could find Glenn; he found us! He waved at us frantically. We chatted for awhile before leaving the bed for awhile. Glenn had to take his “jab” This particular jab wasn’t an ordinary jab. He told me that it was a very long needle, poked at his spinal cord! Oh my! Imagine that being poked at you! Ironically after that “jab” he was back to normal! Laughing out loud as if nothing happened!

George and I left at about 7pm and we wished him to get well soon. We then headed to Novena Square and walked around for awhile before having our dinner. The both of us ended up in a fast food restaurant. We left for the MRT station after that and parted ways with each of us taking different train routes.

I had an exciting day!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home