a gamer/programmer wannabe

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

what the hell is supply chain management?

A simple concept that I derive for myself has easen my understanding of this topic. This is ontop of every "wordy" text definitions and thick books that I got from the library. It seems that I can't really apply what the books say to the problem statement for the day. Hmm.. I wonder why.

So my concept is...

"Demand meets supplier, consumer high demand means high supplier and vice versa.

There wil be a problem comes out when small parts of the chain thinks the demand always goes "UP" when in actually fact it's actually backlog; inventory items that are not yet successfully given to the consumers. This means;

New demand + Old demand (backlog) = Total order a company needs to comply with

Then comes Domino Effect and worst Bullwhip Effect.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other than that, I can't wait for this coming Friday and Saturday! why!?

Friday - RP ultimate challenge 2006
- The "Avangarde"
- Louis, Aidi, Wang Zhao and JT

Saturday - My dad's and 1st brother birthday
- Dad's 63 years old this weekend!
- he's "belanja-ing" us
- free food!!!


Woot~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home