a gamer/programmer wannabe

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

my tourist guide

George became my tourist guide for today. No offence George! Today we had a seminar talk by some Life Sciences professors and it was held in NLB. For the record, Yes George! this is my first time going to NLB! woot! haha... and yeah, it's been a long time since I went to Bugis. You know the Bugis Junction and all that stuff.

We attended the hour long talk getting "enlightened" for various ways a science diploma holders to further their studies. There were professors from NUS, NTU and CQU (Central Queensland University) giving their take on degree courses.

After that we went to "jalan-jalan" to an adjacent building to go to a music shop "Swee Lee Ptd Ltd" I wanted to have a look at the guitars. As usual, the price range were hitting the top, with one reaching over $2,000! Then we went to look at 2nd hand book stores while waiting for Eunice to join us for lunch at Bras Basah.

So, from Bugis the 3 of us went to Bras Basah to have our lunch. It was a LONG walk! While walking, our "tourist guide" show us the good food makan places we should go and all the fun places we missed. It was a "historically enriching experience" to look around Singapore. The moment I was there, I ate my food so fast I finished first!

We were then led to the upper level shops where George showed me all the Army stuff that I need to know where to get from. When we finished, Eunice was still shopping for her clothes. LoL... No offence.. hehe....

After that was the most treacherous walk i've ever walked. Walking from Bras Basah to Somerset! ahh!! I was wearing a leather shoe and it gave my heels a real work out today. I'm having leg cramps and numbness. Oh yeah, the feeling of pain is "awesome" nyehhee...

Watched a movie titled "spelling bee" or something like that with the inclusion of James. The show was quite good, with every "frame" of that movie had someone spelling some "bombarstic" words you would never use in your entire life. For example, "Solartreacherous" I think the meaning is "sun hill' or something like that. But WTH normal people would actually use in daily life!! Why make your life so difficult? haha... It was really interesting, it made us spell words even after watching the movie! For example, George said this, "I'm going to the t-o-i-l-e-t" nyeahhaaha.....

We then had our dinner and chit chat for quite some time. We set off home at about 8pm in the evening.

Now, I know how a lady feels wearing a heel shoes. Even though men heels are not as high as theirs, I can feel the slight pain. I'm not used to wearing leather heel shoes you see. Uwahaha! Strong man cannot complain! haiyo.. ok, no pain now... but still.............

wakao, Where's my tiger balm? I need it!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home