a gamer/programmer wannabe

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

jogging!

Jogging is a good way of exercising. You will feel good after the strenuous workout. It makes you treasure free air that you breath in and out. Verbally saying that I want to jog is far-fetched from doing it in real. After all I said this to George, “can I join you in the 21km run?” Hmm… I regret saying that. I wonder why I asked to be part of running for a charity event. Can I event complete that?

Today, I went jogging with George. The difference between him and myself is that he‘s fit; I‘m not. Haha. We ran a distance of about 4km around the school. When we started, we ran side by side. We started slow and jogged to a faster pace later. Having not jogged for a very long time, I thought I could finish the jog without any hiccups.

Then the worst thing happen. I lost my breath halfway through. I can’t keep up with George who seems so cool and not out of breath. I stopped halfway, hands on my knees. CANNOT TAHAN!

Then George asked me to jog slowly instead. I wonder how he could jog and talk at the same time. I don’t see him puffing for air whereas I was gasping for air. My windpipe felt closed and my lips was super dry.

He persuaded me to jog all the way without stopping. And…. I did! It was an accomplishment for me! I have to thank George for giving me the motivation to jog. Thanks George!

Labels: