a gamer/programmer wannabe

Saturday, November 25, 2006

SLC Amazing Race 2006

My team participated in this event and we called ourselves “Avalon” The team consists of Louis (Team captain), Xue Li, Joo Tze, Nisha, Rui Yan and I. JT and I showed the true Singaporean Kiasu Syndrome. We had an extra shirt to compliment the ones already given! Also, we took extra bread for “ammunition” for the stomach. Evil.

The first clue given was to go to Kembangan! A perfect 22 stops away! After that, we went to Toa Payoh and got lost. We did a lot of running there and got scolded by a bank staff! We didn’t know that we were running in a bank! It felt funny! I’m sorry Mr. Bank Officer!

The next stop was my favorite stop. We had to go to “Bedok MRT station”. That place is my home ground! I showed the team around the place; especially Louis. I showed him where I stayed. I think I got a bit excited as I made him run fast with me! Sorry Louis!

The event made us run a lot! We took the MRT to get to all of our destinations. Amazingly, in every train that we were in, we sat on the floor and slept like logs! It was our own makeshift pit stop! It was a place to rejuvenate ourselves. We found the best place to sit; the ends of the train.

In one of the train rides, I was told by my teammates that some “Ah Beng” gang wanted to take a picture of me! I’m famous! Yes! Take a picture of me! Well, not really! I was seated on the floor sleeping peacefully. However, the sleeping position I was in must have caught their attention! I slept awkwardly I guess. Haha.

Well that’s the highlight of the event! Now, Let’s see where the team went!

RP --> Woodlands --> Kembangan --> Toa Payoh --> Bedok --> Yishun --> Chinatown --> Dhoby Ghaut

We finished the game at 4.30pm and waited for our dinner while the SLC members tabulate the scores. Results were out around 7pm. Out of the 35 teams that participated, we got the 7th position! That means we won a prize! It was a morale booster for the team! Our efforts did not go to waste! Go Avalon!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home